Thursday, November 03, 2005

3/11/05 Public meeting, Gorbals

Public Meeting, Thurs 3rd Nov, Gorbals - details below.
Dawn Raids continue in Glasgow. Resistance grows.
"I couldn't see my mum, only her crying in the other room. My dad was saying please don't put the handcuffs on my wife she is too ill and my mum is so crying because they put handcuffs on my mum and dad. I said I want my mum but the lady said no. They took me and my little sister separate from my mum and dad, my sister is only 6½ and she's in primary two, and I holded her hand because she was shaking. I was crying as well. My mum and dad were in the van. They took us in another one."

Suna Kupeli, Aged 9, removed in a home office dawn raid on 14 October 2005 with her family from her community in high rise Gorbals and her school at Blackfriars Primary School, two days before Tony McNulty immigration minister denied this was inhumane or caused psychological terror.

Yet another Scottish asylum family has been disappeared in a Home Office Dawn Raid from their community in the Gorbals, where they have lived for the past five years.
more info on Kupeli family abduction
photo: demo in support of Vucaj family and against deportations, Oct 05
Gareth Harper www.photoecosse.net

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUBLIC MEETING - 3RD NOVEMBER
6.45 pm - 8.00 pm, Thurs. 3 November 2005
St Francis Centre, 405 Cumberland Street
Gorbals, Glasgow G5 OSE
click for map
click for pdf flier

They belong to Glasgow
Stop Home Office raids on asylum families
Stop children being dragged from their beds at dawn

Come to a public meeting and call for:
O The return of the Kupeli and Vucaj families to Glasgow.
O An immediate halt to Home Office raids on Scottish asylum families and the communities they leave behind;
O An amnesty for all Scottish asylum families resident here for over a year.

Speakers: Aamer Anwar, Bridging the Gap, Jamie O'Neill,
John McAllion, Margaret Woods (GCWR), Mohammad Asif
Naveen, Paddy Hill, Peter Mullan, Robina Qureshi, Sandra
White MSP, Tommy Sheridan MSP, and other invited MSPs.

Plus see film footage of the Vucaj family in Northern Albania with an introduction by Peter Mullan, actor/writer/director setting out the compassionate and humanitarian grounds for their return

for pdf dossier of Vucaj campaign click here